Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Surgery

I just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went good. We went in at 11:45am and checked into surgery with a screaming, very hungry Carter. After getting vitals and waiting for the doctors to be ready he went into surgery at 1:40pm. He was quite a trouper while waiting. I actually handed a sleeping baby to the anethesiologist. After a couple of hours of waiting the surgeon came to tell us that everything went really well. I went back to hold him and just wanted to sit a comfort him for hours (which of course I did). He looks like he is in so much pain! He ate really good all night and didn't sleep much with the monitors and the IV all over him. But since he was doing so well we were discharged at 8:00am this morning. He hasn't been eating today and I think it is because his nose is bugging him. (It is full of blood and other fun things.) I promise to post pictures of him later (he looks so different to me!), I just wanted to let everyone know he is doing well. Thank you so much for all you love, support, and prayers. We are so so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!!

7 comments:

TRICIA said...

i am so glad to hear he is doing well. hopefully he isn't hurting too much and will be able to eat and sleep better! good luck tiffany. you are such a good mom.

Wendy Pippin said...

Oh I am so happy!! It's so hard to be so far away...I wish I was closer, so I could be helpful!! I am so glad everything went well. You are such a trooper.

~adelle said...

Thanks for the update! I am glad things went well. Now onto recovery! Our prayers will continue for you all. :)

Laura G said...

Glad to hear everything went smoothly. Poor little guy, hope he recovers quickly.

Familia Soares said...

Oh that is so good! I have been thinking about you guys so much! I even had a dream that I called you last night. Let me know if you need anything! Glad to hear that all went well!!

P and C said...

I'm so glad things went well Tiffany! I hope he heals quick and is still a happy boy.

Katie said...

So glad to hear that everything went well. I hope that things will go well when you get him home too. Hang in there :)