Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here we go again!

Carter gets his second and hardest surgery (so far) on Thursday, March 3rd. I am really nervous and I try not to think about it (Is that bad?). I am told the recovery will be at least three days in the hospital with some PICU time. We can come home when they get him off IV fluids and off Morphine. Then I'm up for nights of no sleep and a sad baby. Hopefully Carter flys past all the "might be's" and everything goes better than according to the plan. In the mean time I will stay in unhealthy denial until Tuesday when I start packing for the hospital stay.

We have been so blessed to have wonderful supportive family and friends. Rob is doing wonderful in school even with all the stress he is under. I am so proud of how hard he works to support us. Let's just say I have been counting my blessings one by one. We have adorable kids who suddenly say things like "It freaks me out!" And love their mommy even after all the mistakes I have made. Kids are the best. The are such a challenge but I love them so so much.

Thanks for all the love and support!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you too Tiff. And you are a wonderful mom!

Bess said...

I'm not sure when I work that week, but I will have to keep my eyes open for you. Know that we will be praying for all of you, and especially that the surgery goes well. We love you guys!

~adelle said...

We'll be thinking about you and sending our best wishes and prayers. And Denial isn't too unhealthy. No use worrying about it until it is time!

Becca said...

Gosh, I can't imagine what you are going through! I hope and pray it goes well. I really do.

Brooke said...

Stay strong woman! You are inspiration to all of us & things always work out.

Wendy Pippin said...

Love you Toot...what lucky kids to have such wonderful parents!!