Monday, March 7, 2011

A Little Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went very well. The hospital stay was kind of rough. Appearently the anesthesia and narcotics they use during and right after surgery make "breath holders" worse. There was one pretty scary incident that left me shaken for a good while after. But he did better with the breath holding as the day went on. He did pretty good eating through the night and didn't need to much morphine. He was discharged at 7:00am on Friday morning and we left around 9:00am. Friday was a really long day for Carter. He didn't eat hardly anything, spiked a fever, and didn't want me to put him down for anything. Luckily daddy was an okay snuggling partner too. He ate very little on Saturday and by Sunday he was dehydrated enough that we had to go back to the hospital for fluids. But he perked right up after getting the fluids, ate some slushy, and even drank some formula. It was great! He has been doing much better since yesterday and has been eating pretty well. Landen has really been a trouper through it all. He is such a great kid. He unfortunately got sick himself yesterday and has had a fever since. But a little Motrin is the cure and he is his normal, busy, sweet, and happy self.

Thank you so much for your prayers, thoughts, love, and support. It certainly has been a challenge, but we know we are not alone. We have been so blessed and we are grateful for the comfort of the gospel in our lives. The Savior is a powerful and loving companion to have during difficult times. I will never forget some of the blessings we have been given in the last year. Thanks again for everything you all have done. I promise to post some pictures soon.

3 comments:

Wendy Pippin said...

I have been thinking about you so much!!! I am so glad things are finally good and moving forward. What a weekend. I love you and think you are great!!

Familia Soares said...

oh yay!! I am so so so glad everything went so well!! I have been thinking about you non-stop since Thursday. I am coming over I promise (sorry I have had a lot thrown at me this week) Anyway, know that we love you and that you are still in our prayers, but we are so happy that everything went so well for Carter!

mindy-lou said...

I have been thinking a lot about you! I am glad to hear everything went well. You are amazing Tiff. You are so strong and such an inspiration to me! Keep it up :)